How do I get the best shave?
As humans, we favor things of the highest quality. The highest quality look, clothes, car, and so on. Well, why not add the best tools for the job to that list? Shaving is an important part of a man's daily grooming and good tools make all the difference.
If you are considering shaving your head, Skull Shaver Pitbull shavers are a fast and convenient way to get the job done. Our blades are crafted with premium hypo-allergenic Japanese stainless steel, providing an extremely sharp edge and best performance. Even if it is your first time, it will not be a hassle. Although the first time may require some practice and a slow pace, anyone can shave their own head using these devices. Skull Shaver Pitbull products are designed specifically for bald heads, so they'll remove all the hair with precision, no irritation, and leaving no mess to clean.
How to shave your head using Pitbull Shavers?
Keep it short
- Make sure your hair is short enough for the shaver to get it. The longer the hair, the longer it will take for you to shave.
- You can use our Beast Clipper PRO to chop off that extra-long hair and bring it down to a shave-able length. It comes with everything you need for a perfect haircut and trim, thanks to the 8 cuttings combs.
- If you shave every day or every other day, the shaver will work quicker, you’ll spend less time shaving, and you will get the best results.
DRY or WET Shave?
- Pitbull electric shaver are water resistant giving you the freedom and convenience of shaving in the shower.
- Pitbull shavers are also designed to be the perfect travel companion for shaves on the go - 90 seconds and done.
- It gives you the freedom to shave the way you prefer: wet or dry, with shaving foam or without.
- You can use the Skull Shaver paraben and sulphate free herbal shaving cream for a luxurious experience.
- Lather up your shave cream and spread it evenly over the area to be shaved or lather the shaving cream directly on your head or shaving area with the Skull Shaver Shaving Brush.
- Wet shaving helps to hydrate hairs making them easier to cut, and the additional lubrication helps the blades glide over your skin, giving the closest and most comfortable shave while providing protection against any irritation.
- Wet shaving gives the best results but does require access to water and some clean-up.
- If you’re short on time or want the fastest shaving routine possible, a dry shave is the most convenient.
- A dry shave is just you and the shaver. No soap, no water, no problem.
- Skull Shaver blades capture hair clippings inside the blade chambers so they don’t fall all over your clothes, bathroom, or office.
The Technique: Small Circular Motions with No Nicks or Cuts
- The rotary shaving heads of our shavers allow you to shave in any direction so you can shave quickly and safely. With multi-directional rotary shaving heads, you can shave left, right, up, down, circular, whatever suits you.
- We recommend shaving in small circles for best results, but you can shave in straight lines if it is more comfortable for you.
- Our patented rotary shaving heads adjust independently to glide smoothly over irregularities and have won over customers with trouble areas due to birthmarks, freckles, scars, or those who simply cannot afford to break the skin. No more painful nicks, stinging cuts, or raised scars that keep getting nicked.
- Don’t press too hard to shave. Over-pressure is a major cause of irritation. Skull Shaver PRO blades are spring-loaded and will fully retract into the housing if pressed too hard. The springs keep the perfect amount of pressure against your skin, greatly reducing irritation. If too much pressure is applied, the shaver will slow down, giving you an audible reminder to lower the shaving pressure and let the blades do the work.
- If you have access to water, wash with water and pat it dry. Apply a hydrating aftershave lotion for soft and comfortable skin.
- We recommend using Skull Shaver's Herbal After Shave Lotion suitable for most skin types. Avoid aftershaves primarily made from alcohol as it can have a drying effect on the skin.
- Also note, in few cases, it may take around 2 weeks for your skin to adjust to the shaver.
Rinse after every shave
Take care of your skin as well as your shaver. Always rinse your shaver directly under cool water after every use. Cleaning and maintaining your shaver is easy with our patented PRO blades. It will just take a few seconds and will keep the blades sharper for longer, so they can give you the longest life before needing to be replaced. Ultimately taking a few seconds to clean the blades after each shave will save you money and cut down on irritation.
- You can use our Platinum Rinse Stand which is compatible with all Skull Shaver models. The rinse stand is a practical tool designed for fast and easy cleaning, drying, and storage of your shaver.
- Add some water into the container. Place the shaver on the handle and tilt the handle down to immerse the blades of your shaver. Turn on and wait for a few seconds. Turn off, tilt the handle up to remove the blades from the water, and let dry in place. The water reservoir will catch any drips as the shaver dries.
- Remember, rinse your blades after every use to get the best performance, least amount of irritation, and the longest life out of each blade before it needs to be replaced.
When should I replace my blade?
- We recommend replacing the blades every 3 to 6 months of normal use. This period can be less or more depending on the amount of use.
- We recommend replacing the blades if you feel it pulling hair instead of cleanly shaving. The blades twist off the handle with a quarter turn and the new blades are installed just as easily.
- Simply remove the old blade and replace it with the new one. Replacement blades can be purchased here.
- You can also subscribe to our blade replacements and get replacements on autopilot so you never have to think about it again.
How often should you shave?
- We recommend shaving every other day as shavers work best with short hair. Our shavers work best if your hair is kept short, so we recommend shaving frequently.
- Our shavers are designed to be convenient and fast, so if you shave every day or every other day, the shaver will work quicker, you’ll spend less time shaving, and you will get the best results.
- The myth that shaving stimulates hair growth is false. While hair may appear thicker when it grows back in after a shave, this is just an illusion created by the way that hair grows.
Today, baldness is a style choice that anyone can make and feel confident. You choose how you look, so if you feel good about going bald, everyone around you will feel it too. Rock your shaved head proudly and with confidence that you look fantastic without any hair at all.
Trouble spots and frequent troubleshooting issues
“I am having trouble around my ears or the top of my neck”
- Many customers with trouble in these areas have reported that doing fewer and slower passes with less pressure helps get a smoother shave with less irritation. Let the shaver do the work instead of using brute force.
“My blades are disassembled, and I don’t remember how they go back together”
- We recommend only unsnapping the blade from the drivetrain to clean, do not need to disassemble any further. But if your blade is further disassembled, here is a video tutorial showing how to put it back together properly (reassembly starts around 0:48)
“My blade is spinning”
- Turn the shaver off and try spinning the blade by hand. It should click and lock into place. Here is a video showing how to do this.
- If the blade doesn’t snap into place, try reassembling the blade based on this video (reassembly starts around 0:48)
“The shaver sounds like it is slowing or bogging down”
- The shaver may sound like it is slowing down if you are pressing it against your skin too hard. Try using less pressure when shaving. The blades are spring loaded so they will apply the perfect amount of pressure to give a clean and comfortable shave.
- If the shaver sounds like it is still bogging down or slowing down, your blades may be worn or dirty and need to be cleaned or replaced. You can verify this by removing the blades and running the shaver. If it sounds normal without the blades attached, try cleaning the blades. If that still does not work, replacement Pitbull blades can be purchased here.
“I am getting irritation”
- As with any new shaver or shaving technique, your skin may take up to 2 weeks to adapt to a new shaving method. To get the most comfortable shave possible, we recommend following these steps: exfoliate beforehand, do a wet shave in a warm shower so the steam helps soften the hair, use a light touch, move the shaver slower and do fewer passes, and use a moisturizing aftershave balm.
Leave a comment